[Athen] Second call for Nominations

Ron Stewart ron at ahead.org
Wed Oct 3 17:04:12 PDT 2012

Good evening ATHENians!

We have an election coming up in about a month and I need nominations. The
two offices being filled are President and Secretary, if you are interested
in taking on these two roles please nominate yourself. If you know of
someone who you think would be good in this role then please nominate them,
just ask them first!

One of the questions that has come up is the issue of offending me as
founding president if someone else is nominated. That is a non-issue, I
don't need any ego massage! While I am willing to continue in this role I
have no objection to someone else taking it on. They do need to be aware of
how difficult it is to get the membership of a voluntary organization to do
things.

Ron Stewart, President

ATHEN

Ron Stewart MS

Technology Advisor

Association on Higher Education and Disabilities

Chair, Technology Standing Committee

Lead Chair, AHEAD Standing Committees

8300 West Weller St

Yorktown, IN 47396

Mobile: 609 213-2190

Fax: 765 405-1484

<mailto:ron at ahead.org> ron at ahead.org

<http://www.ahead.org/> http://www.ahead.org

When you are having a reallly tough day, take a time out and think about
what you have contributed to the lives of those that you have worked with.
Many times it is just a baby step forward, but even that is progress!