[Athen] Software licensing for student use on laptops

Dan Comden danc at uw.edu
Wed Oct 10 13:22:29 PDT 2012

Hi Todd,

We're installing the primary AT on an image that gets deployed once a term
or so.

For speech input and other custom needs based on location and facility
hours, we're doing standalone additions to those images.

Our plan is to support the same AT at department levels, hopefully using
the same keyservers (for the apps that will support it).

Right now the primary AT for the image is:
JAWS
ZoomText
NaturalReader
ClaroRead

(K-3000 is being removed on next rollout)

There is a push to go to virtual desktops and I'm trying to put the brakes
on that until we have enlargement and screenreading truly solved.

-*- Dan

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Todd Schwanke <
tschwanke at studentlife.wisc.edu> wrote:

> Hi Dan:****

> ** **

> Are you using push technology (or other scripted installers) to install

> the AT? If so, what technology or technologies are you using?****

> ** **

> Or, is the AT being installed as part of base images before they are

> replicated?****

> ** **

> Is the technology used uniform enough at campus and department levels that

> you are able to deploy with the same tools at the department levels as you

> set up for the primary campus locations/labs?****

> ** **

> --

-*- Dan Comden danc at uw.edu <danc at washington.edu>
Access Technology Center www.uw.edu/itconnect/accessibility/atl/
University of Washington UW Information Technology