[Athen] Blind user needs to use Dragon...

Wink Harner foreigntype at cox.net
Tue Sep 25 07:29:38 PDT 2012

Hi all,

It does take some extreme editing efforts, but it is not impossible to do
this. First of all, Dragon offers the choice of recording what you "said" in
audio format so you can listen to what was dictated (and I highly recommend
deleting these files at the end of a transcription session as the audio
files eat up massive amounts of space on your drive) and compare it to
listening to what Dragon "heard" and typed. Even MSW would pick up the
example of "Ike antelope wither" as a fragment of a sentence which would be
a clue to do more editing.

Becoming skilled at this is certainly not for the faint of heart, but then
neither is college.

My thoughts on a Tues. Hope these are helpful.

Wink

Wink Harner
Mesa Community College
Mesa AZ