[Athen] U of Montana Complaint and a Question

Adam Lipkin alipkin at brandeis.edu
Tue Sep 25 09:17:40 PDT 2012

Hi, Ron --

What alternative chat systems have worked best for you (and are you talking
about an external module plugged into Moodle, or a standalone chat client
like iChat)? I'd rather, like you, talk about why it's a bad idea, period,
but knowing good alternatives would be nice, too.

Best,

Adam

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Ron Stewart <ron at ahead.org> wrote:

> I am not aware of any accessible chats in the LMS systems. My

> recommendation has always been to use an alternative chat system that is

> accessible, and also discuss why chat is a bad idea for a number of types

> of disabilities. Same things with most of the other collaborative tools,

> such as the infamous white board.****

> ** **

> Ron Stewart****

> ** **

Adam Lipkin
Academic Applications Administrator
alipkin at brandeis.edu
781-736-4795
Brandeis University Library and Technology Services
Mailstop 017
Waltham, MA 02454