[Athen] Accessible Webinar Platforms

Ken Petri petri.1 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 15 18:45:38 PDT 2013

>From my understanding, the recorded sessions are handled differently.

You're not viewing those in the regular Connect player but in a Flash or
MP4 movie that is produced by the system afterward. Since that is the case,
you have a lot of options for what to do. You could, for example, take the
outputs and use, say, JW Player as the viewer.

Or maybe the Connect-produced videos are delivered in a way that is
accessible. I've never tried them, so I don't know.

One issue will be with the captioning pod. If used, the pod is just
recorded in a screen capture sort of way, along with the presentation. So
you don't have a closed caption. You have an always on, open caption. Not
ideal but serviceable.

[image: The Ohio State University]
Ken Petri, Program Director
Web Accessibility Center, ADA Coordinator's Office and Office for
Disability Services
102D Pomerene Hall | 1760 Neil Ave. Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-1760 Office | 614-218-1499 Mobile | 614-292-4190 Fax
petri.1 at osu.edu wac.osu.edu