[Athen] MathType to Math Page problems

Julie Balassa jbalassa at valenciacollege.edu
Mon Aug 12 12:30:14 PDT 2013

Hello everyone. I'm using MathType 6.9 on a Windows 7 machine running Word 2007. The problem I have is that if I leave a MathType equation in the same paragraph as text, it doesn't show in the HTML/MathML file after I publish to MathPage. If the equation is first and is followed by text it shows up but if text is first I must put the equation in a new paragraph. This make for obnoxious listening for students. Any ideas? DESSCI has no idea why this is happening. By the way, I also had about a 2-hour struggle with Jaws and a large HTML/MathML file until I downgraded to MathPlayer 2.2. Maybe the Jaws scripts haven't been updated for MathPlayer 3 yet. Thanks in advance for any help.

jkb

Julie K. Balassa
Assistant Director, Office for Students with Disabilities
Mail Code 3-31
701 N Econlockhatchee Trail
Orlando, FL 32825
office: building 5 suite 216
east: 407.582.2039
west: 407.582.1603
vp east: 407.374.1562
vp west: 407-992-8941
fax: 407.582.8908
jbalassa at valenciacollege.edu

Please note:
Due to Florida's very broad public records law,
most written communications to or from College
employees regarding College business are public
records, available to the public and media upon
request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may
be subject to public disclosure.