[Athen] Microsoft Will Help Launch a New Association for Accessibility Professionals

Ron Stewart ron at ahead.org
Thu Dec 19 08:29:08 PST 2013

Here is their website: http://accessibilityassociation.org/

Ron Stewart

From: Ron Stewart [mailto:ron at ahead.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:26 AM
To: 'Access Technology Higher Education Network'
Subject: RE: [Athen] Microsoft Will Help Launch a New Association for
Accessibility Professionals

Thanks Norm I am looking into this. ATHEN has been involved in this effort
since its very beginning but they have not done a very good job of keeping
us all informed. My concern is that it may be another pay to play effort
given the involvement of ATIA and primarily large IT companies. I know that
both I and Greg Vanderheiden (sp?) have expressed our concern about their
claims to have involved education in this effort when they really have not.

Ron Stewart.