[Athen] Requesting Assistance with PDF Document

Patrick Burke burke at ucla.edu
Tue Feb 5 14:42:48 PST 2013

Helloooo ATHENians!

I hate admitting defeat, but we have one rather large PDF file that
is posing some baffling issues. If anyone would be willing to help
analyze, I would much appreciate it. (I'll buy beers at CSUN, if
you'll be there!...) Please get in touch off list: burke at ucla.edu

The text is a 98-page e-book on a project to include PWDs in local &
national volunteer activities, if that sparks anyone's interest. One
of the problems I'm encountering is bullet symbols that get converted
as "nmlkj", which is disturbing for screen reader users, to say the
least. Apparently this is a unicode encoding issue, but I have no
idea what to do about it.

Thanks much for any help,

Patrick

--