[Athen] Wiki Recommendations

Melanie Thornton mthornt at uark.edu
Wed Feb 6 16:31:53 PST 2013

Hello, everyone.

I am interested in your experiences with Wikis and accessibility. I am
trying to make a recommendation to a colleague who wants to make sure they
are choosing a tool that is highly accessible as well as being user
friendly.

A few people have recommended MediaWiki but the colleague says the learning
curve is a bit high for her target audience.

I wonder what you know about accessibility of PBWorks and Wetpaint. I used
PBWorks previously and it had some keyboard navigation problems, but that
has been a few years ago.

Or do you have other recommendations? Wordpress or Drupal plugins?

I appreciate any recommendations you have.

Thanks!

Melanie

--

Melanie Thornton

Leadership Development Facilitator
UA CURRENTS
www.uacurrents.org

Special Projects Associate
pepnet 2
www.pepnet.org

501.291.3217 (v)
Contact me: [image: Skype] melaniepthornton [image: MSN]
melaniepthornton at hotmail.com