[Athen] Students with Learning Disabilities and Textbooks withMath

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:11:22 PST 2013

I am not sure if this is a specific problem with Read Hear or if the
recorded TTS voice was not great. I will have to test with a better
SAPI 5 voice later today. From past testing, I have found nearly all
the DAISY readers that support MathML seem to say "mathematical
expression" just prior to and following the math equation when using the
recorded TTS; some are more intelligible than others. I was surprised,
pleasantly, to find that you did not get this additional text
information when using the OS X voice Alex.

Take care,
sean