[Athen] software for AltFormats students

Wink Harner foreigntype at cox.net
Thu Feb 21 17:14:38 PST 2013

Hi All,

We had an open site license for Read & Write Gold at my previous college and
permission to provide flash drive versions to students/faculty on a per-term
for use at home or off-site. It was installed in the testing center too.

However, that was a software investment for the whole college. It was
expensive, but worth it for what we needed and how we used it. For students
to access on the fly, free-to-low cost good PDF reading software is the way
to go. Unless you WANT to buy software (;>)

Heidi Scher & I put together a reasonable list of free/no/low cost apps for
our AHG workshop last fall. I can post the link or you all can go to the AHG
website and access our info from last November's conference.

Wink

Wink Harner

Accessibility Consultant & Multi-Language Alt-Media Production
The Foreign Type
foreigntype at gmail.com
Portland OR