[Athen] Foreign language voices with Read/Write Gold 11

Sean Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 12 13:34:06 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I am working with Read and Write Gold 11 on Windows 7 and have the following question:

Is it possible to get the text-to-speech functionality to switch automatically from one language to another?

I have an MS Word 2010 (DOCX) file with English, Spanish, and German content in which the appropriate sections are all properly marked using the Language settings. I have also installed the above TTS engines on my system. I am not having much success in getting voices to automatically switch. Is this something that is supported in RWG 11?

Thanks,
Sean

Sean Keegan
Associate Director, Assistive Technology
Office of Accessible Education - Stanford University