[Athen] Purchasing New Scanners

Jeffrey Dell jeffreydell99 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 07:28:09 PDT 2013

Hi Al
For our students in our computer lab we use the Epson DS 50000 11x17
flatbeds. We have 3 of them and their the 3rd generation of the Epson
large flatbed scanners that I have purchased and they are reliable.
The only knock against them is they moved to soft buttons for powering
it on and off. It works ok but our students were used to the button
that was physically depressed.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=B11B204121
For small desktop ADF's for staff we use the Epson GT S50. It has a
75 sheet tray and scanns 25 pages per minute duplex. It also takes up
little space on a desktop.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=B11B194011
I've been sticking with Epson scanners where I can because they have
always worked well for us.
Jeff
Cleveland State