[Athen] Current high-speed scanners

Teresa Haven Teresa.Haven at asu.edu
Wed Mar 6 12:00:30 PST 2013

Greetings, all. I know this question comes up periodically, but the answers change because the technology keeps changing. Does anyone have current information/opinions on good options for high-quality, durable, high-speed duplex scanners for alt format production? We are still running on our Canon DR9080C that we've had for years, but we would like to purchase a new machine to add to our production line and serve as insurance for the day when our old Canon finally bites the dust. (The last time we had to put in a maintenance call it was down for almost a month, and I can't let that happen again.) Any suggestions on brands/models I should research are most welcome.
Thanks,
Teresa

Teresa LW Haven, Ph.D.
Supervisor, Alternative Format Services