[Athen] Accessibility of Various Library eText Platforms?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at msu.edu
Tue Mar 19 06:24:38 PDT 2013

Our Library currently receives eTexts via a number of providers. It seems like every company under the sun has its own platform, and this decentralization is really a concern. Testing for, and insuring the accessibility of each is akin to hearding cats. We are assisting the library in evaluating the accessibility of several major platforms: Ebrary, Springer, Wiley, Elsevier and Ebsco. I'm curious as to whether others have already looked at any of these and what your findings were if so?
Thanks very much for any input,

Al Puzzuoli
Michigan State University
Information Technologist http://www.rcpd.msu.edu
Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities 517-884-1915 120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI 48824-1033