[Athen] Repost: Accessible Joe to Speak at UC Berkeley

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Thu May 16 11:30:40 PDT 2013

From: Lucy Greco [mailto:lgreco at berkeley.edu]

Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:57 PM

Subject: Joseph Karr O'Connor presenting June 11@ UC Berkeley

Greetings to the UC Berkeley IT community and beyond. This year's UC
Berkeley annual Web Accessibility presentation at the June Web NetMeeting
will be our best yet! Please join IST - API on June 11 at 12 PM until 1:30
PM in room 140Boalt Hall.

Our speaker is a leader in accessibility and web design around the world.

Joseph Karr O'Connor, better known as accessible Joe, is traveling to UC
Berkeley to present on beginner accessible Rich Internet access and will be
giving us a look at his cities project. Cities is designed to create as
many accessible word press themes as possible. I've heard him speak many
times at a variety of accessibility events and am thrilled to bring him to
UC Berkeley. UC Berkeley IST applications platforms integration is the
proud sponsor for this year's event.

About the speaker - Joseph Karr O'Connor has worked in the California higher
education realm for many years. He lives in Santa Monica California. He
has been creating accessible websites from the beginning of the web
accessibility movement. He has been focused on accessible websites since
the introduction of section 508 in 1999 for many nonprofits and others.

For more information on our speaker and his cities project please visit
http://accessiblejoe.com/about/ there will be plenty of time for questions,
so come prepared.

Once again we will be recording the event and posting it shortly after.

Please share this announcement widely thank you

Lucia Greco

Web Access Analyst IST-Campus Technology Services University of California,
Berkeley

(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco

http://webaccess.berkeley.edu <http://webaccess.berkeley.edu/>

Follow me on twitter @accessaces