[Athen] Ripped paper with Tiger Premier 100

Catherine Stager Catherine.Stager at Colorado.EDU
Fri Oct 4 08:14:10 PDT 2013

Not a very useful reply- we also use a Premier 100 and have not encountered this issue.
From: athen-list-bounces at mailman1.u.washington.edu [athen-list-bounces at mailman1.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Sean Keegan [skeegan at stanford.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 3:32 PM
To: Access Technology Higher Education Network; Alternate Media
Subject: [Athen] Ripped paper with Tiger Premier 100

Hello all,

We have a Tiger Premier 100 that is ripping paper during the embossing process. The paper first appears bent, but not torn or ripped and occurs along the guide holes on the far left of the document. It only happens about halfway through the page. By the third page, though, the holes are becoming ripped and then this begins to impact the document. Once again though, this does not happen for all the guide holes, but only those holes that are in the middle to 2/3 of the way through each page.

At first we thought there was something with the guides before the paper is embossed, but subsequent observations during the embossing process have indicated that the guide holes are fine. We think there may be something with the left-most hammer in that it may not be retracting enough during the print job and is catching the guide holes as the paper is embossed.

I am following up with Tiger, but was curious if anyone else has encountered this issue.

Take care,
Sean