[Athen] Greenbutton captioning service

Alexa Schriempf ats169 at psu.edu
Tue Oct 8 09:33:12 PDT 2013

Hi Allison,

I do not have experience with Greenbutton specifically, but have read the
website very carefully, particularly its FAQ page. It seems like it would
be most useful when used in combination with a caption editor like
Synchrimedia, to help reduce time and overhead by creating a "rough draft"
to polish up. From the FAQ, "What are some high value MAVIS scenarios?",
the answer is: "A company that wants to reduce the cost of closed
captioning by getting a “draft” closed caption to start with."

Not a bad idea. But why not just use the free Dragon Dictate app on an iPad
to create the starter rough draft, to then edit and polish up?

-Alexa

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Kidd,Allison <Allison.Kidd at colostate.edu>wrote:

> Hi All, ****

> ** **

> Does anyone have any experience using Greenbutton inCus for captioning?

> http://greenbutton.com/Applications/Incus****

> ** **

> If so, how have you found it? Is it functional? Easy to use? How does it

> compare to other services out there?****

> ** **

> Thanks for any feedback you can offer!****

> ** **