[Athen] IT Accessibility Events at EDUCAUSE Annual Conference

Greg Kraus greg_kraus at ncsu.edu
Mon Oct 14 11:39:01 PDT 2013

Hi ATHEN Members,

Do you know anyone attending the EDUCAUSE Annual conference this week
who would like to know more about IT accessibility in higher
education? The EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility Constituent Group is
sponsoring three events to raise awareness, provide resources, and to
connect people working on creating more accessible campuses. Please
forward this message on to anyone who might be interested.

* Making IT Accessibility Accessible

When: Wednesday, October 16 from 4:40 PM - 6:30 PM
Location: Learning Theater in the Exhibit Hall C

Join the IT Accessibility Constituent Group to learn how we can help
you in implementing accessibility on your campus. Come experience
accessibility through demonstrations and learn from other campuses how
they are implementing accessibility, including talking one-on-one with
campus representatives. This is a drop-in session so come at any time
and stay for as long as you like.

* Free Web Accessibility Consultations

When: Thursday, October 17, from 12:00PM - 1:15PM
Location: Room 205B

A team of Web accessibility experts will be available to perform
accessibility evaluations of your Web sites and give you constructive
feedback on ways to improve your sites. If you would like to set up a
time other than this for a consultation send us message using the
hashtag #edu13axs.

* Annual IT Accessibility Constituent Group Meeting
When, Friday, October 18, from 9:10AM - 10:00AM
Location: Room 207B

At this meeting we will plan the future activities of the constituent
group over the next year, provide a forum for general accessibility
questions, and also share some interesting and creative accessibility
projects our institutions are involved with.

Thanks.

Greg

--
Greg Kraus
EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility Constituent Group Leader
gdkraus at ncsu.edu