[Athen] please resend to list - Peoplesoft and JAWS

Jean M Salzer jeano at uwm.edu
Tue Sep 3 09:22:08 PDT 2013

There was so much chatter about mathtype - not sure if anyone saw my query regarding peoplesoft/oracle and JAWS.

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:21:07 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jean M Salzer < jeano at uwm.edu >
Subject: [Athen] Accessible Instant Messaging Client?
PeopleSoft/Oracle Access?
To: athen-list at u.washington.edu

Hello,

WE have a new blind staff member in our Graduate School who uses Jaws. The IT person for the school and the university have been trying to learn more about accessibility related to the following items.

1. PeopleSoft (student information) tool: I've spoken with students of mine who have said that PeopleSoft is workable to a certain point, then they just prefer a sighted person. If I'm not mistaken, we were able to get Jaws and PeopleSoft to play nice up to the point a person needed to search for a class or a grade or whatever. This is, of course, several versions ago.

The staff member is fairly adept at Jaws and yet is unable to get into the screen past the login. She has tried the usual keystroke combinations and can't get anything going. I've advised the Grad School's tech person to contact the company, but in the meantime, thought I'd see what others had to say.

Peace.

Jean Salzer, Sr. Counselor
BVI Program/Alternative Text Coordinator
Accessibility Resource Center
UW-Milwaukee
414-229-5660, Mitchell Hall B16