[Athen] suggestions re linear algebra for a blind student

Jennison Asuncion JAsuncion at dawsoncollege.qc.ca
Fri Sep 6 07:20:17 PDT 2013

Hi there,

What technology have you been using to support Braille-using blind students taking linear algebra courses (manipulating matrices, vectors, linear equations, eigenvalues and eigen vectors)? A colleague working at a university has asked.

Showing my age, I used Braille and a taylor slate back in the early 90s when I did linear algebra.

Any pointers to technology (or non-technology) solutions folks have been using successfully would be appreciated.

Jennison

Jennison Mark Asuncion
Co-Director, Adaptech Research Network http://www.adaptech.org
LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennison