[Athen] Livescribe Desktop and Windows 8

Sean Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 23 11:24:06 PDT 2013

Hello all,

While I have been avoiding Windows 8 (much like one avoids the Ebola virus), it is now showing up on student computers and I am now forcing myself to deal with it. At this point, the Livescribe Desktop software has official support for Windows 7 and not for Windows 8. I found a few workarounds that require you to run the installer under the Windows 7 Compatibility Mode and that is supposed to work.

However, I want to know if anyone else has tried this method and had any success. I do not have a Win 8 machine (yet) and have not had the chance to try out the above solution. We are still not supporting Win 8 on campus, so I don't have other options for testing at this time.

Anyone else been able to be a guinea pig and get the Livescribe Desktop running on Windows 8?

Thanks,
Sean

Sean Keegan
Associate Director, Assistive Technology
Office of Accessible Education - Stanford University