[Athen] course inventory assessment

Karen Sorensen karen.sorensen at pcc.edu
Mon Apr 14 11:10:58 PDT 2014

Hi Greg and All,
This isn't exactly what you are looking for Greg, and maybe you've already
seen our handbook already. We just sent one out to every online instructor.
The idea is that it is a checklist and a how-to manual for faculty on the
accessibility of:

- Desire2Learn/Web pages
- MS Word 2010, 2011, 2013
- PowerPoints 2010, 2011, 2013
- PDFs (scanned and converted)
- Video and Audio accessibility
- Math and Science
- Online Publisher materials

We offer it to anyone to use and retrofit to their needs. We just ask for
attribution in the form of a link back to www.pcc.edu/access and hope that
others will share what they create.

Here's a link to the high resolution
version<https://drive.google.com/a/pcc.edu/file/d/0B0cvUnk9uXKoZ2k0cU5YRXRjenc/edit?usp=sharing>.
I'm told by its wonderful designer, that it's editable with Adobe
Illustrator. I would attach a low-res version, but I don't think the
listserv will let me send an attachment through. Email me off list if
anyone wants a low-res version to preview.

Hope it helps!

Karen

Best,

Karen
Karen M. Sorensen
Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses
www.pcc.edu/access
Portland Community College
971-722-4720
*"The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone
regardless of disability is an essential aspect."* Tim Berners-Lee