[Athen] Lab Polices for adaptive/assistive lab

Ron Stewart ron at altformatsolutions.com
Mon Apr 14 16:08:13 PDT 2014

Kathy I am well aware of the quality of the services you provide, but just
reading the policy on its surface it is problematic. If you had an OCR
complaint over equivalent access the first thing they would look at is the
policy and then also look into the actual practice. On its surface the
policy is discriminatory, so perhaps it needs to be modified to actually be
reflective of the actual practice or a procedural document that guides the
policy implementation.

Just my two cents, I see a lot of documents like this in my campus
evaluations and I always advice against them just like I advise against
disability only stations in general access labs because it creates unneeded
animosity from other labs users.

Ron Stewart