[Athen] Help!! Low vision and music scores

Heidi Scher hascherdss at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 10:39:55 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I'm needing your expertise and ideas on some accommodation options for a
student we have. She has low vision, uses screen magnification. She is
registered for a music orchestration course, in which she will have to read
orchestra scores. Thus, screen enlargement won't work for her to be able to
see multiple lines of the score. The only option I can think of is Dancing
Dots. But music and a student with low vision to this extent is not a
combination with which I've dealt in the past.

Any thoughts or ideas on how we can accommodate her? Because of the program
that she is in, this is a fundamental course for her degree.

Many thanks for any assistance you can provide!!

Heidi

Heidi Scher, M.S., CRC
Associate Director
Center for Educational Access