[Athen] AltFormat Survey

Russell Solowoniuk SolowoniukR at macewan.ca
Tue Apr 22 11:59:14 PDT 2014

Thanks Gaeir! Very helpful!

Russell

>>> "Gaeir Dietrich" <gdietrich at htctu.net> 4/22/2014 12:32 PM >>>

Yes R&W Gold works with Bookshare files.

Also, if you want Bookshare files in a Word (RTF) format, you can use the
free tool from Tech Adapt:
http://accessiblemediacenter.techadapt.com/

I understand the copyright issues you face, but if a publisher is doing the
fulfillment for alt formats through Bookshare, perhaps you could ask the
publisher for an e-mail giving Bookshare permission to release the file to
you. The publisher owns the copyright, so they are well within their rights
to direct Bookshare to provide you the file.

Good luck!

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
408-996-6047 or 408-996-4636