[Athen] Sub-lists

Russell Solowoniuk SolowoniukR at macewan.ca
Thu Aug 7 10:55:51 PDT 2014

Hi Karen,

Jaws read the list fine, but, I am finding the list a bit confusing as
well. Why are the last two items in the list, "Passwork/Email and
Grades" separated from the first 3 items? Do they belong to "Section
1_2"? Not being able to "see" the list does make it a little hard to
understand.

Thanks,

Russell

>>> Karen Sorensen <karen.sorensen at pcc.edu> 8/6/2014 1:58 PM >>>

Hi Colleagues,
In working with a screen reader user, she expressed confusion about a
sub-list. JAWS just read "list of 5 items" but before it reached the
end of
those 5 items, it read "list of 1 item". She thought something was
wrong
because it hadn't read all of the five items. Is there a better way to
mark
this up so it's obvious the list of 1 item is a sub-list?
I asked if she could tell it was a sub-list because it hadn't reached
the
end of the 5 items yet, but she was more inclined to not believe the
"list
of 5 items" was correct.
and Here's the list:

- Main Menu
- Courses
- Homework Sets
- Section 1_2
- Passwork/Email
- Grades

Thanks!

Karen
Karen M. Sorensen
Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses
www.pcc.edu/access
Portland Community College
971-722-4720
*"The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone
regardless of disability is an essential aspect.** Tim Berners-Lee