[Athen] Recommendations for Dragon Bluetooth mic?

Sean Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 19 14:50:50 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I am working with a student who is considering a Bluetooth mic for using with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13. We have it installed and running on a MS Surface Pro 3. As there is only one USB port on the Surface Pro 3, the student is seriously considering a wireless headset. Also, it is REALLY easy to pull the tablet off a desk by catching the headset cord.

While I checked out the Nuance website for recommended wireless Dragon headsets, a majority of these appear to be for telephony products and/or come with a base station or USB dongle that is designed to connect to a computer.

Has anyone used a Bluetooth headset for Dragon that was found to have good sound quality and functionality for speech recognition?

By the way - Dragon 13 on an MS Surface Pro 3 (Core i7, 8GB of RAM) is fantastic. Great option for a student with repetitive stress injuries as the tablet is light, easily responds to touch, and is very responsive with Dragon.

Take care,
Sean

Sean Keegan
Associate Director, Assistive Technology
Office of Accessible Education - Stanford University