[Athen] ZoomText for Mac question

Sean Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 14 18:41:47 PST 2014

Hello all,

I am curious if anyone else has experienced the following with ZoomText for Mac in OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). If you are running ZoomText and enable the Mac's built-in zoom function, then ZoomText gets disabled. That is known and specified in the ZoomText documentation.

However, if you then disable the Mac's built-in zoom function, ZoomText does not recover and we have needed to restart the computer to get ZoomText to function again. In previous versions of OS X, when you disabled the Mac's built-in zoom, then ZoomText would restart.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this behavior and if there were any workarounds or suggestions. For the most part, it is a non-issue, but we did run into situations where the student wanted to quickly zoom in/out of a specific region on the Mac and this was not quite as seamless with ZoomText.

Take care,
Sean