[Athen] Assistive Technology Specialist Position
Ballard, Phoebe Jane
Phoebe.Ballard at UToledo.Edu
Thu Jan 23 07:02:13 PST 2014
The University of Toledo is seeking a full-time Assistive Technology Specialist (Posting No. 18996) in the division of Learning Ventures.
A position summary and list of qualifications follow below. To learn more, visit: http://www.utoledo.edu/depts/hr/employment/index.html
Under general supervision, develop, implement and coordinate a University access technology plan; provide guidelines and technical assistance to staff, faculty and external agencies.
* Masters degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Systems Technology, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, or related field.
* Two years of experience with adaptive computer technology (hardware and software) as a user or technician, or experience using technologies to design student-centered learning materials in a digital learning environment, is required.
* Familiarity with strategies and experience working with students with disabilities is required.
* Experience in consulting with faculty about teaching with technology in online, blended, and face-to-face environments.
* Experience using Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and other authoring programs.
* Experience using a course management system such as Blackboard, Moodle, or equivalent.
* Experience using both Mac and Windows systems and devices.
Communication and other skills:
* Knowledge of learning theories, instructional theories, Instructional Design theory and practice, best practices in teaching and learning.
* Knowledge of ADA compliance, Fair Use guidelines, and TEACH Act.
* Willingness to explore the use of technology and innovative learning and teaching strategies to advance learner-centeredness (contrasted with teacher-centeredness) in online, blended, and web-assisted courses.
* Give trainings and demonstrate access technology.
* Work independently.
* Speak and write effectively in individual and group settings including training sessions.
* Perform clerical and administrative work with accuracy and speed.
* Maintain records.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
* Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
PHOEBE J. BALLARD, SR. INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER & COOR. FOR SPECIAL PROJECTS
419-530-4379 | Memorial Field House 3040C | Mail Stop 129
Office Hours: Wednesdays 1 - 3 PM and Thursdays 10 AM - 12 PM
Quality Matters at UT: bit.ly/quality_matters<http://bit.ly/quality_matters>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list