[Athen] Onscreen Keyboard

Joan Robson joanr at beaufortccc.edu
Wed Jul 9 07:28:41 PDT 2014

Hi Rachel,
We are a small community college and so far this has not be an accommodation on our campus.

Joan C. Robson
Special Populations Coordinator
Beaufort County Community College
P.O. Box 1069
Washington,NC 27889
(252)940-6356

>>> "Thompson, Rachel" 07/08/14 2:29 PM >>>

We are deciding what tools need to be on public computers campus-wide.
Some suggestions from other institutions from a few years ago included
Click-N-Type, but I wonder if the PC and Mac native onscreen keyboards
have caught up with user needs. Do your users who prefer an onscreen
keyboard use the ones included with the Mac OS or with Windows? Do you
know of reasons why we would install Click-N-Type as well?
http://www.lakefolks.org/cnt/

Any input would be helpful.

Rachel

Dr. Rachel S. Thompson
Director, Emerging Technology and Accessibility
Center for Instructional Technology
University of Alabama
http://accessibility.ua.edu