[Athen] Assistive tech compatibility?

Jeffrey Dell jeffreydell99 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 09:07:35 PDT 2014

JAWS and ZoomText will not run in Thin Client computing environments.
I have not tested the other programs on think client terminals, but I
don't think you will get the screen readers to work. So make sure
your IT department is not running thin client computers in the
computer labs. Some universities like this because it saves money on
maintenance for the computer labs since only a hand full of servers
need to be updated to run hundreds of computers. Our IT department
runs about half of the computers in each lab like this so we were
unable to role out JAWS and ZoomText on those specific machines.
Jeff