[Athen] looking for comment on ReadSpeaker software

Mitchell Stoddard mstoddar at sfu.ca
Thu Jul 10 08:32:06 PDT 2014

Hi Folks,

I wonder if any of you are familiar with ReadSpeaker, which is a text to speech add-on for course management software? The people in our Teaching and Learning Centre, who support our LMS system (CANVAS) are considering purchasing the product and asking for input.

I have seen only a few comments on another listserve...one which raised the question of the value of the software relative to use of a program such as Read and Write Gold, and one which raised issues around how ReadSpeaker handles LTI within the LMS system.

I would appreciate any comments or input you may have.

Warm regards,

Mitchell

Mitchell Stoddard, Ph.D., R. Psych.
Director, Centre for Students with Disabilities
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive (1250 MBC)
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6

Phone: 778-782-3313
Email: mitchell_stoddard at sfu.ca

If we teach today as we taught yesterday, we rob our children of tomorrow" ~John Dewey

This electronic mail message and any accompanying attachments may contain privileged, confidential or personal information intended only for the use of the individual, entity or organization named or addressed above. Any disclosure, distribution, dissemination, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error please delete the email (from your incoming and trash files) and notify the sender immediately by email or by telephone. Thank you.