[Athen] Pascal's Triangle in Braille?

Alexa Schriempf ats169 at psu.edu
Tue Jul 29 19:11:35 PDT 2014

Hello All,

Today I made a Braille version of Pascal's triangle. Needless to say,
because I could not adjust the font size of the Braille, and because our
paper is 11 inches wide, I had some issues with recreating it with Duxbury
and our embosser.

Pascal's Triangle is a very specific pattern of numbers, and the
orientation of the numbers is critical when applying the "hockey stick"
pattern. See attached image.

I tried to put this in a table, but the table cells need to be staggered.
In the end, I I simply printed out each row and cut the rows into strips,
taped the strips together where needed, and then glued the whole thing to
cardboard.

However, while this will work for understanding some of the basics, it
won't help where it's necessary to see how the numbers align physically on
the paper because the inability to change the size and spacing of Braille
dots means that I can't fit a four digit number to fit underneath a 2 digit
number. (Again, see picture attached).

Surely, this learning object must already exist in Braille someplace?
Please advise.

Thank you!
Alexa

--