[Athen] Position Announcement: Program Coordinator for Adaptive
traceyf at disability.tamu.edu
Fri Jun 20 06:32:30 PDT 2014
Disability Services at Texas A&M University has a new position that is now open for applications. Preferred application deadline is July 1, 2014.
Feel free to share with others you may feel are qualified.
Program Coordinator for Adaptive Technology Services
BRIEF POSITION OVERVIEW
The Program Coordinator for Adaptive Technology Services is responsible for the alternative format production process and the management of assistive technology (software and hardware) used by students with disabilities affiliated with the Department of Disability Services.
* Coordinate, monitor and assist with the alternative format production process for audio books, electronic text, large print, and Braille.
* Assess assistive technology (AT) needs and provides training and support to students who use AT equipment and software.
* Conduct presentations and workshops for students, faculty and staff to increase general knowledge of assistive technology and alternative format materials.
* Manage AT equipment and software inventory. Maintain lending library. Keep up to date on new technology and make recommendations for upgrades and purchases.
* Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate 4-8 student assistants.
* Assist with maintaining department websites and databases ensuring that web accessibility standards are met.
* Work supportively within the department, providing coverage to the main office and testing center when assigned.
* Consult with campus units and departments regarding accessibility issues and laws.
* Serve on University, Division and Departmental committees and task forces.
* Evening work and/or travel may be required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Required Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Three years of administrative experience.
* Preferred Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree in information technology, special education or closely related field. Three (3) or more years of related administrative experience (assistive technology, information technology, educational technology, disability services, etc.). -OR - Master's degree in educational technology, rehabilitation counseling, special education, information technology or related field and one (1) or more years of related administrative experience.
* Special Knowledge: Preferred knowledge of working with adults with disabilities in higher education, broad knowledge of disabilities, and thorough knowledge of assistive technology and alternative format production. Knowledge of web accessibility, captioning and/or Braille transcription.
* Salary: $33,700-39,500
* Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin June 19, 2014 and will continue until position is filled. Preferred application deadline is July 1, 2014.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT
Texas A&M University is a land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant institution located in College Station, Texas. The university is centrally located, approximately equidistant from three of the ten largest cities in the United States (Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio) and the state capital (Austin). The university's enrollment is more than 50,000 students studying for degrees in twelve academic colleges including the Health Science Center and School of Law.
The Department of Disability Services is one of seventeen departments in the Division of Student Affairs. Disability Services promotes an inclusive environment at Texas A&M University by facilitating appropriate accommodations, empowering students to be self-advocates, and educating the campus community. Disability Services offers accommodations counseling, evaluation referral, disability-related information, adaptive technology services, sign language interpreting and transcription services for academically related purposes.
All applicants must complete the official university online application at http://jobpath.tamu.edu.
* See posting number S00990FY14
All correspondence and questions related to the positions and search should be directed to:
Tracey Forman, Assistant Director and Search Committee Chair
Department of Disability Services
Cain Hall B118, 1224 TAMU
College Station, Texas 77843-1224
Telephone: (979) 845-1637
Fax: (979) 458-1214
Email: traceyf at disability.tamu.edu<mailto:traceyf at disability.tamu.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 33304 bytes
More information about the athen-list