[Athen] Recommendations for tablet computers

Nettie Fischer nettiet at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 07:00:58 PDT 2014

If you are looking at tablet/laptop style options, check out the ASUS
T100T, a convertible laptop with a touchscreen that allows you to remove
the screen and use like a tablet but, it is a laptop. I was looking for
something that served both options and after reading about the ASUS,
purchased one before making any recommendations. I was pleasantly
surprised to find that it came with a version of office 2013 (student
version) and I have installed Office, Inspiration, Co-Writer, Worksheet
Wizard.
I was pretty impressed with the battery power. The cost of this little
system in under $350.00 and it was rated well on two review sites. Almost
forgot, to remove the screen from the keyboard, you need to press and hold
the release button; I actually lifted the laptop by the screen and it
stayed secure to the keyboard. The joint appears to be solid connection.

Nettie's nickel

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Teresa Haven <Teresa.Haven at nau.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, Sean. Great info and explanations. Much appreciated!

> Teresa

*Nettie T. Fischer, ATPAssistive Technology Professional*
*RESNA Certified*

*California Certified NPA Nettiet, ATP
Consultantswww.nettietatpconsultants.com
<http://www.nettietatpconsultants.com>*