[Athen] FM receiver for computer and hearing aid

Sean Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 31 15:16:04 PDT 2014

Hello all,

A question was posed to me and I am not having much success finding an answer. Here is the situation:

A student is using a standard FM receiver with the transmitter provided to the instructor. There is also a need to have remote CART services provided. We are trying to find a method to have the audio signal sent from the FM transmitter to a USB or audio-in FM receiver connected to a laptop which can then send the signal to a remote transcription provider.

I am not having much success in locating such a device. The CART provider says that they exist as secondary receivers and can plug into the audio-in jack or USB port, but has not received any information from the hearing aid company.

Any ideas from the field?

Take care,
Sean