[Athen] FW: "On Course" website launched

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Sun May 18 08:50:36 PDT 2014

Subject: "On Course" website launched

Greetings all,

CAST has a new website: "On Course: Universal Design for Learning in Higher
Education" (http://udloncourse.cast.org). This site contains a series of
resources designed to help postsecondary institutions improve instruction
through Universal Design for Learning (UDL). You can read the press release
about the new site here: http://www.cast.org/about/news/2014-05-14.html.

Built with responsive design to allow optimal viewing on mobile, laptop, and
desktop devices, On Course focuses on the implementation of UDL at the
postsecondary level in five areas: (1) Assessment, (2) Improving
Institutional Policies and Practices, (3) Selecting Media and Technology,
(4) Planning Your Course, and (5) Teaching Approaches. Each area contains
resources that demonstrate ways to address learner variability in an effort
to improve learning opportunities, retention, and outcomes.

On Course is a project of the Open Professionals Education Network (OPEN), a
collaborative of CAST, Creative Commons, the Open Learning Initiative at
Stanford and Carnegie Mellon, and the Washington State Board for Community &
Technical Colleges. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation created OPEN as a
way to support community college grantees of the U.S. Department of Labor's
Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College & Career Training (TAACCCT)
program, which aims to help adults succeed in acquiring the skills, degrees,
and credentials needed for high-wage, high-skill employment.

I hope that you will visit the new website and let us know what you think of
it. Please send any feedback to udloncourse at cast.org.

Best,

skip

Skip Stahl I Senior Policy Analyst I CAST

40 Harvard Mills Square I Suite #3 I Wakefield MA 01880

W 781-245-2212 I F 781-245-5312 I sstahl at cast.org