[Athen] text-only DAISY conversion

Sean Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 3 09:46:06 PDT 2014

Hi Heidi,

As part of our automated document conversion system (SCRIBE), we do support text-only DAISY conversions from MS Word documents. That said, we do not have a lot of people using that conversion as there is not much of an appetite for DAISY content.

When you are doing the conversion from MS Word, what is your process? Are you able to use the DAISY XML option from the Save As DAISY menu? What is the error that you are getting upon conversion?

Also, be careful of which version of the Save As DAISY plugin you are using. There are different versions for 32-bit vs. 64-bit (and Office 2010 vs. Office 2013).

Take care,
Sean