[Athen] Accessibility discussions at EDUCAUSE

Greg Kraus greg_kraus at ncsu.edu
Mon Sep 15 15:54:43 PDT 2014

Hi Jennifer,

There are several accessibility related presentations at the EDUCAUSE
Annual Conference this year. I am pasting them at the end of this
email.

We do have an annual meeting of the IT Accessibility Constituent Group
at the Annual Conference where we discuss a variety of topics. The
meeting is open to anyone at the conference. The TEACH Act has been
brought up as a possible discussion topic and I'm looking into having
an EDUCAUSE representative present.

If anyone is interested in joining the Constituent Group, you can do
so at the following URL.

http://www.educause.edu/discuss/constituent-groups-about-information-systems-and-services/it-accessibility-constituent-group

Greg
--
Greg Kraus
University IT Accessibility Coordinator
gdkraus at ncsu.edu
http://go.ncsu.edu/itaccess

EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility CG Leader
http://educause.edu/groups/itaccess

Pre-Conference Sessions

Project U: Universal Support for Online Students
Sep 29th, 2014
8:00 AM - 11:30 AM
http://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/2014/seminar-16a-project-u-universal-support-online-students-separate-registration-required

Implementing IT Accessibility on Your Campus: Sharing Strategies That Succeed
Sep 29th, 2014
12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
http://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/2014/seminar-13p-implementing-it-accessibility-your-campus-sharing-strategies-succeed-separate-registration

Conference Sessions

Widening the Web: How to Make Web Applications Accessible for Everyone
Sep 30th, 2014
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
http://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/2014/widening-web-how-make-web-applications-accessible-everyone

Studio Learning Meets Universal Design: How Learning Communities Grow
Innovative Spaces
Sep 30th, 2014
3:40 PM - 4:30 PM
http://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/2014/studio-learning-meets-universal-design-how-learning-communities-grow-innovative-spaces

Making IT Accessibility Accessible (in the Learning Theater, with
members of the IT Accessibility Constituent Group)
Sep 30th, 2014
4:45 PM - 6:00 PM
http://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/2014/making-it-accessibility-accessible

IT Accessibility and Procurement: Successes, Challenges, and Lessons Learned
Oct 1st, 2014
9:10 AM - 10:00 AM
http://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/2014/it-accessibility-and-procurement-successes-challenges-and-lessons-learned

IT Accessibility Constituent Group
Wednesday, October 1, 2:40-3:30 PM

Accessible Product Design: The Power of Vendor-Client Collaboration
Oct 2nd, 2014
9:10 AM - 10:00 AM
http://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/2014/accessible-product-design-power-vendor-client-collaboration