[Athen] Rebuttal to Op Ed Piece about the TEACH Act Published in Inside Higher Ed

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Tue Sep 23 09:46:45 PDT 2014

Some of you have heard discussion of the negative comments about the
unfortunately named "TEACH Act" bill before Congress. (I say unfortunate
because we already have a Teach Act that is a copyright exclusion-and this
has not helped the confusion.)

Inside Higher Ed has today printed a rebuttal piece authored by the AHEAD
(Association on Higher Education and Disability) Board of Directors that
should help you understand the broader implications of the TEACH Act should
anyone ask you about it. Please see the link below:

https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2014/09/23/essay-support-teach-act

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges
De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
<http://www.htctu.net/> www.htctu.net
408-996-6047

If you would like to schedule a site visit, training, or phone consultation,
please contact HTCTU Secretary, Jasper Haze at <mailto:jhaze at htctu.net>
jhaze at htctu.net or 408-996-4636; to ensure that priority e-mails are seen,
please copy Jasper on important and time-sensitive matters.