[Athen] Braille Economics Materials, Free to Good Home!

Patrick Burke burke at ucla.edu
Fri Apr 3 15:12:16 PDT 2015

>Hi everyone,

Of course nothing is free, the economists tell us. Still...:

The box of stuff handed off to me from another department was WAAY
heavier than I expected. Investigating, I discovered two max size
braille binders with hundreds of economics graphs & charts (with
description keys on facing pages). They appear professionally done,
but there's no title page or other identification of the transcriber.

This is just the Figures from the book(s). I don't have the main text
that should be associated with them. Maybe the main book was on cassette??

The label on one of the volumes says:

Microeconomic Theory: Basic Principles and Extension. By Robert
Nicholson. The other vol just says "Microeconomics Theory & Policy".

It seems a shame for them to go to waste. If anyone has any economics
students who read braille, they might be useful. If so, let me know &
I'll get them to you. Or, since most of the pages are only brailled
on one side, you could use them for months (or years!) of braille
test printing!...

I also have a 101-page intro to Linux chapter from a computer science
text that I brailled about 10 years ago. (I'd have to dig thru the
archives to figure out what the source is.) I can send that also, if
anyone wants it.

Thanks much,
Patrick

--