[Athen] Accessibility training vendor recommendations

Tara Robertson trobertson at langara.bc.ca
Tue Apr 7 09:18:22 PDT 2015

I went to Karen from Karlen Communications preconference on accessible
documents at CSUN, as well as her session on PDF/UA and they were both
excellent. The handouts that she shares on her site are really useful.

I also attended sessions from staff from Simply Accessible, and they
were also great. In particular, I think Derek Featherstone, was an
engaging and knowledgable presenter.

I'm not sure if either of these companies charge in US or Canadian, but
the Canadian dollar sucks right now, so you might get some added value
there.

Cheers,
Tara

On 07/04/2015 8:23 AM, Karlen Communications wrote:

> I (Karlen Communications) do accessible Word, PowerPoint and PDF training.

> http://www.karlencommunications.com/handouts.html

> Cheers, Karen

> *From:*athen-list

Tara Robertson

Accessibility Librarian, CAPER-BC <http://caperbc.ca/>
T 604.323.5254
F 604.323.5954
trobertson at langara.bc.ca
<mailto:Tara%20Robertson%20%3Ctrobertson at langara.bc.ca%3E>

Langara. <http://www.langara.bc.ca>

100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 2Z6