[Athen] Typing Tips for Speech Impediment and Inability to Type

Brad Held Brad.Held at ucf.edu
Mon Apr 20 07:40:46 PDT 2015

Marcie,
Another good tool to help with typing is an on-screen keyboard with word prediction. Like Don Johnston's Co:Writer, Reach Interface Author Keyboard<http://www.ahf-net.com/reach/?f=smartlists> (by Applied Human Factors) offers a drop down 'Smartlist' of words to select from. Some individuals find this easier to use, cause the list is in the keyboard, similar to their cellphones' word prediction. I would encourage you to try out both.
Thanks

Brad Held
Accessible Technology Coordinator
Student Disability Services