[Athen] PDF Question of the Day!

Dimac, Marcie mdimac at kent.edu
Wed Apr 22 12:41:42 PDT 2015

Afternoon y'all

This is probably an extremely ignorant question on my part, but I'll ask anyway!

The admissions department just sent me some very complex PDF's that they use as forms for students to fill out online. At a baseline, it is accessible, though it isn't always properly tagged and is honestly a bit of a cluster.

I'm at a loss on how to advise this. Typically, I assess basic PDFs but this is my first one with so many form fields and radio buttons. Some seem to be properly tagged, others not. Some seem to be in the right positions while others aren't and sometimes my screen reader is reading the same text 3 or 4 times before it moves off of it!

Any suggestions on how to approach this problem? Any alternatives to these bulky PDF's that I could provide?

Bless you all for your help!!!!!

Sincerely,

Marcie Dimač, M.A. Ed.

Coordinator, Assistive Technology
Student Accessibility Services
Kent State University
Ground Floor, Rm. 23
DeWeese Center
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242

Phone: 330-672-3391
Fax: 330-672-3763
Email: mdimac at kent.edu

www.kent.edu/sas

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail message may contain confidential information intended only for use of the individual or entity named. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please do not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this message and do not take any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this transmission in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. Please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail or by calling 330-672-3001.