[Athen] Looking for support to encourage MHE to create one accessible exam for ALEKS PPL

Howard Kramer hkramer at colorado.edu
Tue Apr 28 11:06:35 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues:

We’re looking to gather support from other campuses to encourage
McGraw-Hill Education to create one accessible version of the ALEKS PPL
math placement exam. Our Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and
Provost recently sent a letter to McGraw-Hill Education to this effect. The
letter asks that MHE work to make one integrated accessible exam for all
students instead of a separate accessible exam which is a subset of the
full exam.

I have a list of universities using ALEKS PPL and will be trying to contact
individuals at those campuses directly but I also wanted to reach out via
ATHEN & AHEAD. If your campus is using ALEKS PPL and you think your
administration would support our effort - either with their own letter (we
can provide our letter as a template) or correspondence to MHE signaling
their agreement with the sentiment of our request - let me know.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Howard

--