[Athen] Electronic & Information Technology/Accessibility Coordinator Positions

Dimac, Marcie mdimac at kent.edu
Wed Aug 19 07:35:23 PDT 2015

Good morning all,

Our University is currently working on an EIT policy and to correspond with this policy, we are considering the creation of some new positions to help with the implementation/monitoring of accessible EIT. A bit of background, we are in Ohio, where three sister institutions have been recently investigated by OCR and as a result, have created an EIT policy. We are receiving a bit of pushback from faculty regarding the need to create new positions to handle the policy and I want to make sure I gather enough information as possible before I present to faculty senate.

I have been doing some research on what types of positions we would need and what they would entail and am hoping the group can help me answer a few questions:

1. Does your institution have a similar position? If so:

a. Can you send me the job description/duties

b. When was this position created

c. Why did you institution feel the need for this position

d. What was the structure of your disability services department before vs after the creation?

Any information is always helpful and most appreciated!

Thanks,

Marcie Anne Dimac, M.A. Ed.

Coordinator, Assistive Technology
Student Accessibility Services
DeWeese Health Center, Room 23
Kent, Ohio 44242

Email: mdimac at kent.edu<mailto:mdimac at kent.edu>

Phone: 330-672-3391

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail message may contain confidential information intended only for use of the individual or entity named. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please do not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this message and do not take any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this transmission in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. Please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail or by calling 330-672-3001.