[Athen] SPSS Version 22 access with JAWS Version 16

PATRICK BURKE burke at ucla.edu
Wed Aug 19 11:57:52 PDT 2015

Hi Jeff,

We have also been looking into the stats world (& thank you Teresa for your
assistance!)

The main accessible stats package (with severl very strong advocates,
anyway) is R. (Use R in Terminal Mode.) There is a BrailleR extension to
produce automated text summaries of bar charts, etc:
https://cran.r-project.org/package=BrailleR

However, according to my stats expert colleagues, R is almost totally
unlike SPSS in its design, with an extremely steep learning curve. So R was
not a feasible replacement for SPSS for us recently.

I hate to promise, but we will be looking at Stata as a possible solution,
hopefully next week.

Patrick