[Athen] QTI 2.2 specification, MathML, and drop down interactions

Sean Keegan skeegan at ccctechcenter.org
Tue Dec 1 14:49:51 PST 2015

Thanks for the contact, Steve.

In part, I am trying to understand if it is I who is misreading the spec or
if the developers are trying something that is technically conforming but
functionally not usable. We are also using MathJax, although it is being
used in its default implementation. We did try a number of alternative
solutions (aria labels, off-screen text, etc.) as well as modifying the
Angular-Bootstrap component, but nothing seemed to work.

I do need to have an immediate solution, but I would like to address the
root issue. The developers keep insisting they are following the
specification and because this is considered valid, the issue is believed
to be with the assistive technology, not with the implementation.
Unfortunately, there is little guidance as to how one should implement this
specific interaction type so that it also supports accessibility.

Is there going to be an update to the APIP documentation or is it
considered current for the QTI 2.2 specification?

Thanks again,
Sean