[Athen] Chief Digital Accessibility Officer announced at CU-Boulder

Sean Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 5 11:02:26 PST 2015

Hello all,

I saw this posted on another list. CU-Boulder has filled their Chief Digital Accessibility Officer position and the article outlines some of the work effort that has been undertaken at this time (http://www.colorado.edu/news/features/jones-appointed-chief-digital-accessibility-officer). Looks like CU-Boulder people have been busy!

I believe there are many similarities between an IT security program and an accessibility program at the university level, so I suppose I should not find it too surprising that the university chose to add the title and responsibilities to the person who was already the VP of Information Security rather than creating a separate position. It would be nice to see a Chief Accessibility Officer position established at a university, though. CU-Boulder is still looking for an IT Accessibility Program Manager - job posting at: https://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/95257

Take care,
Sean